A room of our own for the rantings, ravings, thoughts, and inspired writing of the self defined and those who will join us in breaking the silence. What's your song?

Medusa's Song

cold slab pressed against my cheek
threads ravaged around my body
shivering, bare, exposed, and raw
i pull myself in
frantically thrashing
to shut out the hum
the buzz
the incessant thhhhhhhh

outstretched
clawing at the marble
i reach – 
for Minerva
oh, sweet Minerva,

protect your faithful servant
i did not see him
i did not know
until his weight was thrust upon me
like a wave against the shore
and droplets rained down as he salivated
licking his lips
while pulling my hair

You must know
You must understand
my pain
my fury
my innocence

beloved Minerva
     have mercy on me
castrate the blood thirsty shark
     have mercy on me
not me
     have mercy on me
oh, my Goddess, not Me
     have mercy on Me

coiled
alone
I can hear
tearing flesh
and his breath

huh
   huh
thuh
     thuh
  thuth
thuth
  thhhh
    thhhh

layering now
I see her
My minerva
look at Me
see Me

still the thhhhhhhh
louder
lingering
loitering
ringing
raging
roaring
rising up

the tendrils encircle Me
engulf My senses
ice blue runs through My veins
the poison of envy denatures My flesh
shedding this mammals skin

I creep and roll
melting into a new body
untouched
I slither and slide
beheading the Life of those
who stare –
pass judgment –
assume

it is My turn now
to steal your life away
encase
entomb
engulf your golden locks of light and life

I can create and destroy
for all eternity
from this day forth
with all the fury
I shall be
one of three
all I have to do –
is open My eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment